It has been a long time I din update this blog....
I din think up putting this issue up here BUT the reply from Hong Kong International Airport's personnel had changed my mind....
Here is what I sent to the Hong Kong International Airport board and to the Hong Kong tourism board...
The issue below was happening around 1815 at 6th March 2011 near gate 47 at Hong Kong International Airport Terminal 1.
I came across this incident when I was in the queue to get free internet access…. There were one old lady on wheel chair and few (I think there is a total of four of them) old buddies who is not strong physically and need assistant who need to depart at gate 47 which is so far far far far far away from the main gate. When I saw them, they were assisted by the airport crew. One lady helped push the old lady who is on wheel chair and the others were on the cart, heading to gate 47.
Well…. After dropping off them on ground, the old buddies offer some tips to the crew. The crews accepted it and treat it as "coffee money"… After that, the crew who should help them on board accept a call from the counter and need to rush back and she wants to give back the tips she had receive to the old buddies. What is this la…. Of course the old buddies say no to her and say never mind la…. She apologized and went off and says there will be another crew to come over to handle them…. @@
I was not sure whether there is another crew member coming over to take over her place or not. What my concern were…..
(1) Is there anyone coming over to assist them?
(2) If there is someone coming over to assist them, should they pay him/her tips?
(3) Are the old buddies suppose to give tips to the crew?
(4) Should the crew members accept the tips?
(5) If the crew is accepting the tips, what is the main purpose of setting up this service?
(6) If the crew is accepting the tips, do they still get their monthly pay?
(7) If the crew is accepting the tips, should they get their monthly pay?
I just cannot get the whole idea of this. When I first saw them helping the old buddies, I was amazed and was touched with such a high quality service provided by the HK airport. p/s: I had send another copy to the tourism board.
My reply to HKIA
5 years ago