Tuesday 20 January 2009

Sunway Hotel in Penang

Sunway Hotel in Penang is my first post on public toilets in commercial buildings.

It’s OKU friendly but there’s no basin for the OKU to do washing after their business as the normal ones are high and I think the one who is sitting on the wheelchair will find difficulties when they wash their hands using the normal basin.

Besides that, the toilet is big enough and I think any of the body size can fit into the toilet. ;)

It’s generally clean and the floor is dry.

I think the main reason that they can maintain this cleanliness is because there are not many people who are using it as the toilet is for the hotel guest only.

Besides that, there are also some plants and art work on the wall to make the toilet looks nicer and the toilet is not smelly.

How will you grade the toilet from my description and photos as shown below??

I give Penang Sunway Hotel’s toilet a 3 star.

Let me bring you into the hotel....

Female toilet...

Male's toilet....

Toilet for the OKU...
Isn't it big?
Sanitary Bag and tissue....

Toilet for the normal ones...

It's quite clean and dry... Right?

There's a hook for you to hang your things... (This is the one in OKU..) But, I think it's too high....
This is the hook for the normal ones....

A view in the toilet.... With plants and art to cherish you... (:

The washing area... Don't you think OKU will find difficulties when they are using them??

A closer look.... Place to dry your hand....

I found this landscape outside the hotel....

3 comments:

joyvwl said...

when I first saw the normal toilet, I thought it is the toilet of a buffet restaurant in Star Hill.. same design.. just that this one has tissue.. the one in Star Hill did not provide tissue. I don't think that an OKU can hang her bag so high up. So far i have not seen before a basin that is OKU friendly..

Sophia Chu said...

WoW... Really?? Plagiarism..... :)
Dunno who is the interior designer that plagiarize...

Toilet in KL and Selangor will be more to environment friendly adi...
You should pay a visit to the SUnway's new wing...
(I didnt catch any photo as I have not start on my assignment.)
The toilet there is not providing tissue (I mean in the toilet) and they want us to use the natural resourses (water)...

Basin which is OKU friendly....
I will post a photo up later and you judge it whether it is OKU friendly or not... ;)

pinkalicious said...

looks classy hereXD