Thursday 9 April 2009

Strategy of marketing…

When I was working on my toilet blog, some of my coursemates will be working on ‘alcohol advertising encroaching the youth market’ …

However, they could not really manage to reach the criteria..

I think this is not their fault as we are in Penang…

Why do I say so?

The reason is, I went into both cinemas in Penang and KL..

I found that in Penang’s cinema, they do not have much alcohol advertising compared to KL..

And some of the film does not even have one alcohol advertising whereas KL’s film has two to three…

I went to Pavilion and watch a movie yesterday…. Only one film but there are three alcohol advertising… They are Anglia Shandy, VSOP and one more that I am not so sure..

Why is it so?

The facts that we could not deny is that when companies are advertising, they do look back for profit…

Back to the cinema in Penang, I can actually get a very very nice seat if I am purchasing my ticket 10 minutes before the show start….

If I am purchasing my movie ticket in KL, I think I might have to choose a movie which is not that popular… If not, I can only get the front seat ticket…

Can you see the situation?

There are less people buying movie ticket in Penang compared in KL….

The alcohol companies do not want to lose their money to advertise in Penang that does not bring up their company’s yearly revenue…

They are smart business organization and they do have their strategy on marketing….!!

9 comments:

budiawanhutasoit said...

dear sophia,

sorry to drop my shout here..
why did you delete your shoutmix/chat box?

about the strategy of marketing, agree with you..that not only alcohol companies won't to lose their money..but most of all the company will not advertise in the place does not bring their company's yearly revenue.

nice observation...

Arnie :) said...

was here just visiting back :)

Sophia Chu said...

budi.... lol... not as purpose but lazy to check out at the chat box, so, just delete it..... :)
that's the real world of marketing.... ;p

arnie.. thanks for dropping by....

Sedona said...

Hi Chu..
Wht hpnd to you shout box..?

Visiting U With Smile. Happy Friday

Carlos said...

Hi Sophia,happy weekend.

attayaya said...

alcohol?
no
no
no

budiawanhutasoit said...

Hi Sophia,
just droppin' by..
hope you hv a nice weekend..

musTrays Management said...

Nice post Sophia,
Happy Easter...
But, pls be aware of Dracula attack this Easter....

3ndur0 said...

CHU ada apa kok shoutmixnya di delete????